Friday, March 5, 2010

Smooth Sailing



We started our morning early. I was beyond excited...so much in fact, I yelled "KELLL-ETTTT!" to Abby upon arrival to the Reynolds. We packed up and boarded the bus. Bob drove us to the airport. LET THE FUN BEGIN!
Checkin was an ordeal to say the very least. Twenty-five people trying to check in with 1 attendant was certainly fun! After our bags were tagged, it was off to security. Some of us have better stories than others. Transportation Safety Authority alerted to my hard-drive because it made the machine go nuts.
We saw Kellee Dejbakhsh who was on her way home to California.
Our flight, united 5749, arrived from Chicago 15 minutes early. When they arrived at the gate, I was sitting there watching out the window. They scared me when they pulled up. I thought the pilot was going to overshoot the gate. So I twittered my concerns and about my confidence in the crew: "Sittin here watchin our plane arrive wonderin what is he doing...do I trust this pilot...I'm startin to wonder..." I also realized during this time that i miss being a ramp agent.
We boarded the plane. My seat was a single, window-seat toward the front of the plane-5A. We pushed off the gate 10 minutes early, which is impressive for United! Before I knew it we had lifted off runway 4R in Little rock headed for Chicago-O'Hare. After we reached 10,000 feet, I pulled out my iPod for some jams. Among the selections were T.I, Nelly, Paul Wall, and Kanye West. I also started taking pictures and video.
The stewardess offered me a drink. i contemplated life for just abit ovet Motts 100% tomato juice. Our cruising altitude was 27,000 feet. It was an uneventful "cruise."
beginning descent we were topsy turvey for a bit. We also went through some "dirty" clouds on the way down. Saw snow on the ground too!
we landed on runway 22L/4R and docked at gate F12. I tweeted United about a job well done: "@UnitedAirlines UA5749 was early into LIT therefore early into ORD! Just means a longer layover for us! :) great job!"

1 comment:

  1. good post stephen I LOVE YOU. glad to hear your safe

    ReplyDelete