Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lost...nah! (Part 2)*

Now for the explanation of my earlier statement! Michelle Cascio, Sarah Kyle, and I went off in search of food and personal items/souvenirs in Florence. We ate lunch in the train station. Sarah had pizza and Michelle and I had "the caf" for lunch. I had beef, potatoes, and mushrooms. DELECTABLE! After lunch we were headed for the market and i was stopped by an Irishman asking for some spare change. In my Americanism I didn't think about the fact that I might be giving him more than pocket change. I gave him 4.5 Euro. He went on to tell us his story. Michelle Cascio did an extensive piece on him...I won't steal her thunder by telling you the story here. Although it is such a good one! We went further and Michelle got seperated from Sarah and I. we went off in search of souveniers. I was searching for ties...paisley at that. Boy did I succeed! I found 14 ties worth 36 E altogether. I got 6 paisley ones and Sarah picked out a David tie for me...think about it and laugh! (I wore it back to the Bible School and got some good laughs.) After we were done shopping we searched around near the Duomo and decided to try to head back to the Bible School to get some work done. Well problem was we couldnt find our way back. We found our way to San Marco, which is about 2 miles from the Duomo. We consulted the map and found our way back to the bus stop. Ten minutes later Michelle hopped on our bus and was less than pleased with us. But we stopped at Mario's for cappuccino anyway, even though it was starting to get dark (Custom in Italy says that cappuccino is a morning drink only.) We walked back to the Bible School and met up with friends for dinner and a night out on the town! Ciao and TVB for now ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment